Monday, December 17, 2012

Words of Erin Sheehan

My Life is My Message. I am a mother of such a precious little boy - I work sunrise til sunset. I practice buddhism. My religion is love. I practice yoga. My other car is a yoga mat. I practice mindful living. I am a vegetarian. I love life. I am blessed. Love fills my entire being... NAMASTE~

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to enjoy more and analyze less; to listen to stars and birds and the sound of rain pouring and trees swinging, with open heart; to love wholeheartedly; live sincerely; give generously; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common --

-- this is my symphony ~


Whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. ~ Goethe

"To understand karma, you must realize that thoughts are things. The very universe, in the final analysis, is composed not of matter but of consciousness. Matter responds, far more than most people realize, to the power of thought. For will power directs energy, and energy in turn acts upon matter. Matter, indeed, ...is energy." --Paramhansa Yogananda, The Essence of Self-Realization

There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought...:

Hindu: Maitri Upanishad 6.19


Silence is a gateway to the inner life. As your mind becomes still, you enter more deeply into yourself. As you do so, the sense of your individual self fades and there is an awareness of oneness. You sense a Presence greater than yourself. This sense of Presence is a gift. It is like discovering water deep down in a well. Most people live their lives at a superficial level, occupied with the business of daily affairs. If you can empty your mind of these concerns, you gradually discover an inner peace and oneness with life. It is, as the Hindu scriptures say, "a supreme mystery." There is no need to name this reality. It is enough to taste the calm refreshment that this awareness offers.

The flexible are preserved unbroken.
~ Tao

Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
~ Ghandi

I like sexual intercourse because of its amazing power of producing a celestial flood of emotion and exaltation of existence which, however momentary, gave me a sample of what may one day be the normal state of being for mankind in intellectual ecstasy.
~ George Bernard Shaw

The Seven Deadly Sins are wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, business without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice and politics without principle.
~ M. Ghandi

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Dear Daughter. You have been a joy to know for 26 years now. I'm sure God will bless you with endless years to come so that you can bring His love and happiness to those lucky enough to know you in their lifetime. talk to you tomorrow.
~ Dad 92808

I will cover you with love when next I see you, with caresses, with ecstasy. I want to gorge you with all the joys of the flesh, so that you faint and die. I want you to be amazed by me, and to confess to yourself that you had never even dreamed of such transports.... When you are old, I want you to recall those few hours, I want your dry bones to quiver with joy when you think of them. ~Gustave Flaubert, letter to wife Louise Colet, 15 August 1846

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Devotion is more than just saying you love the Divine... You must become that love, see that love in all things, and be the act of loving.

A spiritual awakening, by definition, must include a shift in perception.

The Way to Change is to Change your Ways.

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. ~ Denis Waitley

No comments: